Objectives of B.Ed. General Programme
• To enable students to understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry and structures of the disciplines of Education in general and teacher education in particular. To provide opportunities to teacher trainees that enable learning experiences to make subject matter meaningful at secondary level.
• To make the student teachers understand how children learn and develop, how they differ in their approaches to learning and create learning opportunities that benefit diverse learners and learning contexts
• To develop the skills of student teachers to plan learning experiences in and outside the classroom that are based on learners’ existing proficiency, interests, experiences and knowledge, and enable them to understand how students come to view, develop, learn and make sense of subject matter contained in the curriculum.
• To develop the capacity among student teachers to use knowledge of effective verbal, non-verbal and media communication techniques to foster active enquiry, collaboration and supportive interaction in the classroom.
• To enable the student teachers to understand and use formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual social, emotional and physical development of the learners.
• To provide student teachers self-identity as a ‘teacher’ through school based learning experiences and reflective practices that continually evaluate the effects of their choices and actions.
• To change the behaviour, attitude and values of teacher trainees so that they shape into responsible and accountable agents of change in the society, in the perspective of local, national and global concerns and issues vital for human survival, progress and development.
• To provide a rich programme of curricular and extra-curricular activities for student teachers for all round development of their personalities as also those of the students whom they teach.